The challenge starts on the 1st of June and runs through until the 30th June. It is up to you what your write and how many words you commit to, Normally it is 50,000, but if you are more comfortable writing less that is fine by us.
The goal is to have fun, enjoy your writing while challenging yourself to write faster.
Over the next few weeks we'll have privous particapants come and chat. Some how amazing stories as to what they achieve from this challenge last year.
Before we start anything we have a few things that may help you get your home and life in order.
1. If you are not already a member of the RWA NaNo Goggle loop you cane register here:
2. make sure you have your housework caught up with, you'll need all the time you can spare to write.
3. Let family and friends know you are planning on spending the month working on your novel.
4. Cook a few meals before hand and freeze them, you'll be surprised how handy they become.
5. Work out what you plan to work on, wether it be a new piece of work or finishe off the WIP that has been giving you trouble the last few months.
There are a whole lot more ideas that will help you servive this month long writing fest, but we'll cover those another day. In the mean time mark your calendars, clear your slat and prepare to write. If nothing else you find freinds and a support network that is hard to beat.
Hope to see you at the starting gate.