Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The light at the end of the tunnel...

It appears many of us started the challenge with a bang, but hit a few health or personal hurdles midway through. From the posts below, you can see viruses and injury were rife amongst the participants.

I'm guessing most of us are now back on track, and can see the light at the end of the dark, winding, 30-day-long tunnel. Here's a treat for those of you who can see the light... he's waiting for you at the end!



*Drool*. I digress... How's the brain going? Body doing okay? Characters well formed (like the hottie above)? Storyline makes sense? Or is it a train wreck, and you'll just keep ploughing on to reach the magical word count figure you're targetting? Let us know if your morale is low, high, or somewhere in the middle.

I know my word counts won't be that hot, but my editing is going great guns. I realise I have A LOT of work to do, but it's something I WILL achieve. I'm determined to edit as much as I can over the next six days so I can reach my target, and if my word count improves, that's fabulous. The fact I'm taking the challenge with other like-minded people is enough to give me that extra boost.

So keep plugging away, and keep working towards the light. We'll have a little celebration at the end, and I promise to bring Angel-o (as I've know called him) to help celebrate our achievements.

May your words fly like the wings of an angel, and your characters soar to the heavens (soooo cheesy, but it gives me a laugh!).

Have a great day,
:-) Mon

No comments: