Saturday, June 6, 2009

Motivation 101

Today I need motivation. But what is motivation – I decided to find out. One definition I found was:-

Motivation: is the internal condition that activates behavior and gives it direction; and energizes and directs goal-oriented behavior.

Okay – so what are my goals? Simple – I’m here to write 50k in 30day.

But why?

Because I have a book to finish and get into my publisher? No – the real reason is because I AM a writer and it’s what I do. Just like all of you taking part in the 50k in 30 days.

So I decided to break down my goals from, longest term goal to shortest term goal.

1. I need to finish my ms.
2. I need to write 35k in the next 24 days
3. I need to write 2500 words today
4. I just need to write the next word.

And do you know what – if I keep writing the next word – then soon it will be 2500 words in a day and 35k in the next 24 and I WILL finish that ms.

So just write the next word – and you will soon meet your goals.

Motivation 1 Pictures, Images and Photos

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Every story starts with a single word...then another.

It's hard to write only one word.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Eleni Konstantine said...

Love the motivation poster!!

Sandie Hudson said...

Great post Tracey. I'm with Eleni I love the poster.
Sandie